Image Map

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Low Fat Lemon-Poppy Seed Muffins

If you're not excited yet, get excited. I love breakfast muffins, but the amount of sugar and butter kills me, so I played around with the recipe and here it is perfected- Lemon-Poppy seed muffins with no butter, and no sugar!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl whisk together:
 1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour
❤1/4 teaspoon baking powder
❤ 1/4 teaspoon soda
❤1/4 teaspoon of salt
Then in a medium bowl, mix together:
❤1/2 cup of non-fat vanilla yogurt
❤ 3 large egg whites
❤1/3 cup honey
❤1 teaspoon vanilla extract
❤1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
 Then stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
 Add
❤1 Tablespoon of grated lemon peel
❤ 2 Teaspoons of poppy seeds
Spoon them into greased muffin pans, and pop them in your preheated oven.
 This will make 20 mini muffins, or 9 regular muffins.

 For mini muffins, bake for 9-11 minutes.
For regular muffins bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs.
 And there you have it!
They will store for about 3 days, in an airtight container.

7 comments:

  1. Looks good. I love muffins but the butter and sugar are a downfall. Glad to find your healthier recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your modifications to make a low fat muffin. I have to pin these to try. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Featuring YOU today! Thank you so much for linking up to {wow me} wednesday!

    Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2013/03/20-roll-muffin-pastry-recipes-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm a little late to the party but I love love lemon poppy seed muffins. I can't wait to try this recipe! Found ya on the blog hop.
    Adrienne
    Http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love poppy seed muffins.
    But my husband is in the Marine Corps, and they take random drug tests all the time, so these are a no go. Making them for myself, seems like a waste - but these LOOK delish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these this afternoon and they're so tasty I forgot they were low fat! I have a small cooking blog, do you mind if I share the recipe with my pictures? I will link back to you of course! Have a great Sunday.
    www.ckitchenette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked them!! Thank you for asking, you most definitely can share the recipe! Have a wonderful week : )

      Delete