Image Map

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vegetarian Breakfast Scrambler

I firmly believe that eggs are healthiest ways to start your morning. Packed full of protein that is easy to digest and will get your brain up and running. And for people who need to watch their cholesterol (my dad), there is a simple solution...egg whites! I swear by these little guys. And they are probably the easiest breakfast food after a bowl of cereal.
These are some of our farm fresh eggs. One of the perks to coming home: free rein, all organic, hand fed with a silver spoon eggs. My mom loves her little hens. 

For this scrambler I'm cooking for one so take that into consideration for portions. I used one (thicker) slice of onion and about three leafs of green kale. I. Love. Kale. Not that it tastes sooooo great, but its great for you and I love how I feel after eating it. Its just so satisfying, way more than french fries ever could be. Call me crazy. Anyway, I chopped it all up to my liking. Other vegetables I have used in the past: 
  • Bell peppers (red yellow orange or green, I don't discriminate)
  • Spinach
  • Chives
  • Mushrooms
But don't limit yourself to that list. You could even throw some ham or sausage in there if it suites your fancy.

I threw some olive oil onto a pan. No real science there, except that it is 1009284748273592357 times better than butter or vegetable oil. I could go on, but I won't.
Once the pan was hot I threw my veggies on there with some salt and pepper, some garlic powder and other miscellaneous spices. I'm an over spicer. Go tell on me. 
Just stir it all around till the kale is slightly wilted. Don't leave it too long, remember that it will still be cooking when you pour in the eggs.
So yeah, pour in some scrambled eggs. Add some milk to the mixture before hand if you like. Or don't, it really doesn't matter to me. P.s. I used three, not all of those from the counter.
 And just scramble. Scramble like you mean it.
Isn't that pretty? And so stinking easy it shouldn't be allowed. I put Cholula sauce on mine to spice it up even more. Like I said, I'm into over spicing. 
 Viola. So simple. So wonderful. Breakfast of champions.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment