Image Map

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Real Talk Tuesday: Prayer


Hello my friends. It's been so long, and I'm sorry! I've had a very chaotic week, all in preparation for today.
Today is a somber day for me..I return to school from Christmas break.
All good things must come to an end so they say! I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I attend a small (and I mean 500 student small) private christian college here in San Diego. It's a great community, everyone knows everyone and we all have those people that we couldn't live without..and those people that we definitely could live without. But at the end of the day we're still family. I love it, I wouldn't trade it for any other school.
But getting back in the swing of things is not easy. I can't tell you how not excited I am to show up without a single textbook in hand. I'm a terrible student like that.

But thats way off topic. Unless I was getting at the fact that I need prayer, especially today. Cause I do.

I am a firm, firm believer in prayer. It truly works, and I am always amazed at the results of prayer. The problem that I used to have (and let's face it, still do) is that my prayers don't get answered in my timing, but in His perfect timing. I doubt the power behind them, and being human I just assume they are going unanswered. In reality I couldn't be more wrong.
Source
When we are persistent in our prayer life, God hears our cries to Him, and whether He changes our situation or He changes our heart, we are always heard. I love the parable told in Luke 18:1-7, and the one in Luke 11:11-13. Take 30 seconds and read those, they are a great reminder that we serve an awesome God.
Source

I'd like to give you an open ended offer-
Email me with a prayer request. Anything at all that I can pray for you about.

It would be a blessing for me to be able to share in lifting up your struggle to our good and righteous God, or to rejoice with you in prayer. I'd love to encourage you wherever you are on your path of life.
Please don't feel held back or intimidated, it would be a joy to my heart to hear from you!
Email me at sunshineandstovetops@gmail.com  I check it regularly. 
I love you guys, I really do.
Xoxo, Terra

2 comments:

  1. This brought a smile to my face...I'm on my 2nd day of Pray & Fasting and I totally relate. I will defiantly add you to my prayer list & if you would add my dad to yours. He is abroad for the next few months and needs prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is incredible. So encouraged by this post and the joy that shines through your words!

    ReplyDelete