Image Map

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Smile Bright Without Breaking the Bank

Hello ladies, happy Thursday! I hope your week has been going well, one more day till the weekend!! Woot woot

In the midst of my first week back at school, I am trying to get around to editing some photos so I can post another recipe, so bear with me on that one. But in the mean time I wanted to share a money saving tip for keeping your smile pretty!
Can you believe whitening strips are $35 cheapest?!??
Talk about a rip off.
I know chances are that you have probably heard this before, but I'm here to tell you it works!
Baking soda. It's literally the magic secret for cleaning anything. Now I've read about making a paste with toothpaste and baking soda and peroxide, but for someone who is  OCD like me, that is too much extra clutter on the bathroom counter. So I keep a box of baking soda in the medicine cabinet, and once I put toothpaste on my toothbrush, I press it into the baking soda so some sticks onto the toothpaste. I know that may seem weird, but please don't shun me for it.
After a week of doing this my boyfriend asked me what I was using to whiten my teeth!
If he notices something like that, then it's gotta be good! I'm kicking myself for not taking before and after pictures.
And want to know my cherry on top? I take a dixie cup of one part water one part peroxide for mouth wash. Once again, sounds gross.. I won't lie to you, it's not the best tasting thing in the world. But it's effective, and it's cheap!

I hope I've inspired you to brighten your smile!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally doing this! I'm a fellow OCD-er and HATE things on the counter tops! Drives me crazy:)

    ReplyDelete